National Defense Academy selects cadets for Indian armed force, a tri service academy. It selects candidates for Army, Navy and Air Force training . This exam is conducted twice a year.
Eligibility criteria –
- Army wings- 12th class pass outs from recognized state education board can apply for exam,
- Air/Naval wings – 12th class (10+2 pattern) pass outs who have studied physics and math on 12th level can appear in exam.
- Those who are appearing in 12th class (10+2 pattern) can also appear in exam, 11th class students can’t apply.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen
- Only unmarried male candidate can apply
- Age limit- 16.5 years- 19.5 years
- Minimum height for Air Force- 162.5 cm and 157 cm for Army, Navy and Naval Academy.
Exam pattern –
The initial written exam is conducted by UPSC, followed by an interview that is conducted by SSB (service selection board) and then a physical test.
The two stage selection process is listed below:
Stage 1: Written Exam-
- Mathematics – 300 marks
- General Ability- 600 marks – English and General Knowledge combined
Stage 2: Intelligence and Personality Test
- Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests and Picture Perception/ Description Test (PP&DT).
- Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
Application fee –
For general candidates application fee is Rs. 100/-, candidates from reserved category are exempted to pay this fee. The payment can be made through online mode via debit/credit card or net banking.